Menu for Hope III
by Pim under Uncategorized with 28 Comments
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Every year, Food Bloggers from all over the world get together for a fundraising campaign. We call it ‘Menu for Hope’. Last year, we raised $17,000 to help UNICEF.
This year, Menu for Hope III raises funds to support the UN World Food Programme, which provides hunger relief for needy people worldwide. To us Food Bloggers, food is a joy. On our blogs, we celebrate food as a delight or even an indulgence. Unfortunately, for many others who share our world do not share that privilege. For them, food is a matter of survival. This "Menu for Hope" is our small way to help.
On our Menu this year is a great list of amazing food related prizes. We hope that they will entice you to give whatever you can, and with some luck you can win unique and wonderful food gifts offered up by food bloggers from around the world.
The rule is pretty easy. For every US$10 you donate, you may claim one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. The more you give, the better your chance to win. The campaign is scheduled to run from now until Friday 22nd, 6PM PST. So get a move on!
We have plenty of great prizes, including a chance at a meal of your life at the renown Tetsuya’s in Sydney, the 2-Michelin Starred Manresa in California, Iggy’s in Singapore, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon in London, and more. We offer unique experiences, such as a chance to have coffee with Thomas Keller, or even a cup of tea with Harold McGee. There are also lots and lots of cookbooks, including signed and hard to find items. Also on offer are plenty of goodies from all corners of the world, scrumptious tours, and many other delicious experiences.
Ok, enough intro already, let’s get to the fun stuff, shall we?
The Prizes are listed by category. Feel free to click on any category to jump directly there. Roll your mouse over the thumbnail photos to see prize code and description. Click on a photo for more details.
Or you can jump to the donation instructions.
Feasts for the eyes: Books and more
Drink yourself silly
(We are still in the process of adding prizes. Check back frequently for updates!)
1. Choose a prize or prizes of your choice from our Menu for Hope.
2. Go to the donation site at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII and make a donation.
3. Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize you’d like in the ‘Personal Message’ section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write-in how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code—for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU01 and 3 for EU02. (Please use the double-digits, not EU1, but EU01.)
4. If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
5. Please allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 for the results of the raffle.
You can also view prizes from your specific region by going to our regional Menu for Hope blog hosts on this list:
And last but not least, our special wine blog host: Vinography